Feature request: preview and edit text of invitation email

wimvmourik
wimvmourik
Community Member

When inviting a family member or guest to your Family Account, they receive an email completely in english and well, with unknown content.
While knowing that:

• people are receiving spam
  • not everybody is a native english speaker on our colorful globe

I think it would be beneficial if the sender could either/or:

• preview the email title and body (to know what to inform the receiver about; yes, that is my invite, no, yes you can click this button this time, yes, no I remember what I told you about clicking on email links)
  • edit and or add text to title and/or body of the email. Especially for people who aren't so fluent in english

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wimvmourik,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions! I can definitely see the benefit of knowing what the email contains before sending it. I can't make any promises on when or if we'll change this, but I like the idea!

Originally we had the ability to add custom text to an invitation email, which I agree was really nice. The problem is that some people started using this to spam others. They could include their "ad" in the body of the invitation email and then send it out to whomever they liked. We do have a number of other protections against this, but ultimately had to remove the custom text portion of the invitation emails.

For now, I'd suggest also sending an invitation to one of your own emails so you can see what it looks like.

This discussion has been closed.