iOS Restrictions App Rating 17+ [1Browser: built-in browser mandates this App Store rating]

1235»

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @JMcClane72

Indeed. tombr pointed that out above. :)

We're not going to do two separate apps as that is a nightmare, but we will continue to evaluate the value of 1Browser moving forward.

Ben

• I realize you won't be changing anything, and I respect that, but just know that I've been a happy 1Password customer for several years and I'm now looking for an alternative. You run your business as you see fit, obviously, but you are definitely losing a certain amount of customers as a result of these choices.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited July 30

@davidstults

Thanks for the feedback. We're really not happy about the sitaution here either, but our hands are tied. We're put in the position of choosing between:

1. Removing 1Browser to get a lower age raiting, frustrating customers by removing a feature they rely on, forcing them to change their workflow or
    2. Keeping 1Browser and the associated age restriction, frustrating customers who cannot use the app due to the restrictions, for whom 'Ask to Buy' is not a viable alternative

We lose customers either way. We're still evaluating which is the lesser of the evils.

Ben

• Or: 3. Pause new feature development for a while, and factorise your code base so that you can easily maintain and QA a separate version without the browser (but sharing most of the codebase) so that you can genuinely call it "1Password for Families"!!

Sorry for being snarky, but I am resentful of the amount I have cumulatively paid for this and, now that my children are of an age to use it, they can't.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

We're not going to offer two separate 1Password for iOS apps. We've tried that in the past, and it simply creates too much confusion for customers (development issues completely aside). I'm sorry but that route is off the table.

I empathize with your plight and I'm hopeful that we'll be able to find a better solution in the future. For now, Ask to Buy is the only option we can offer.

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file