To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from OneSafe

Options
lealaw
lealaw
Community Member

Please, I'd like to know if there is a way to move from OneSafe to 1Pass. CVS is not an option since I keep getting error messages. Thank you in advance.

PS using Mac OS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rickfillion
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @lealaw,

It looks like a few users have had success via the CSV route. Can you elaborate on the error you're getting when you're trying the CSV route? Is the error happening when exporting from OneSafe or from importing into 1Password?

Thanks

Rick

• lealaw
    lealaw
    Community Member
    Options

Fields don't match if I try to import from CVS file (that I previously export from OneSafe).
    Exporting .CVS file from OneSafe is ok, but I can't import that file to 1Password.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lealaw! You might need to do a little "massaging" to the CSV data when it comes out of OneSafe; we have a support guide which should give you a better idea of the best way to structure a CSV file for a successful import into 1Password: https://support.1password.com/create-csv-files/

You should be able to use any spreadsheet application (e.g., Numbers or Excel) to make it easier to modify the data from OneSafe.

I hope that helps! :chuffed:

• lealaw
    lealaw
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your answer but I'm not being able to do it. I don't how to modify .CVS file. Is there any video that shows how to do it? Thank you.

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @lealaw - Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, I don't have a video tutorial to send you on how to get this completed. Have you tried to follow the steps in the guide John sent over previously. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to us. Note, as John mentioned before, you will need Excel or Numbers in order to get this done, you should be able to just drag sections over when following the guide. Keep us posted. :+1:

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lealaw,

Since you mentioned using macOS, it might be easiest to modify your CSV file with Numbers and there's a lot of help for it on the Apple Support site:

Numbers - Official Apple Support

• lealaw
    lealaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hello again, thank you for your help. I've solved it. I love your app.

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it @lealaw, and thanks for your kind words! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.