WLAN Server don't respond to requests from iOS/Android devices

Options
mariocjara
mariocjara
Community Member

Hello,

WLAN Server does not work / sync, clients with server (Mac).

1Password for Mac: version 6.7 (670008)
Purchased through MacApp Store

1Password for iOS with Pro Features: 6.7.1
1Password for Android: 6.5.2

Server:
Mac: Late2013 MacBook Pro 15": MacOS 10.12.5

Clients:
iOS (iPhone 5s and iPad Air2): iOS 10.3.2
Android (Xiaomi Mi5): MIUI 8.2.2.0

I have a Primary Vault stored locally in the Mac and I want to use the WLAN Server to sync across my other devices.
I followed given instructions for WLAN setup, put the secret key given by the server in the clients side, but the clients cannot sync giving timeout erros.
I've done a trace using Wireshark in the Mac and I am only seeing the SYN packets from the clients to the designated port for the WLAN Server.
"Telneting" localhost (127.0.0.1) and the IP address running the service on the designated port, it opens.

The error on the client side:

Sync Problem:

Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain
Code=60 "Operation timed out"
UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=6
0, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=1}

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Mario Jara

1Password Version: 6.7 (670008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: WLAN Server
Referrer: forum-search:WLAN Server don't respond to requests from iOS/Android devices

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mariocjara,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing 1Password via the WLAN Server option! Thank you very much for the details about your setup and for the exact error message you're seeing - that's really helpful for us. :)

If you haven't already done so, please reboot your Mac, iOS and Android devices, and try again. If it still won't work, please also restart your router to see if that helps.

If you still get the same error message after that, it usually indicates a firewall issue (or possibly other anti-virus or security software blocking certain connections). Please go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall on your Mac to see if macOS Firewall feature is enabled - if it is, disable it and try setting up WLAN Server in 1Password again. Similarly, if you're using any third party firewall / anti-virus / security software, you can try disabling it temporarily to see if that helps.

If that doesn't apply or doesn't help to solve the problem, please make sure you go through our troubleshooting guide here: If you're having trouble using the WLAN server

Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• mariocjara
    mariocjara
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thank you for your support, but already did the reboots and it's in the same LAN.
    Already tried another router with another Lan and wireless SSID.
    About the MacOS Firewall, already disabled it.
    No third-party AV, FW and/or security software.
    In the past I used this setup in a different version of MacOS, it was OSX at the time.
    Maybe this is related to the new MacOS version? 10.12.5?
    As I said, the version of 1password I was using was from the AppStore.
    Uninstalled it with AppCleaner (to remove every single file, plist, etc) and installed the version from 1password.com site.
    The result was the same. :'(

There is any debug I can do from here to send to you?
    It seems that the server part is not responding...

Kind regards,

Mario Jara

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mariocjara,

Sorry to hear it's still not working. It definitely works on macOS 10.12.5 (Sierra), so something else is causing the problem.

Did you go through all the applicable suggestions in the WLAN Server troubleshooting guide? That article is a collection of all the solutions we know for problems with WLAN Server. If nothing in that guide helped, that likely means there's something specific about the configuration of your Mac, your mobile devices, and/or your network that is preventing it from working. WLAN Server can be a convenient way to sync when it works, but unfortunately it depends on a lot of other elements beyond our control, and there are many things that can interfere with it.

When you went through the troubleshooting guide, what happened when you tried syncing over a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network? At the very least, that can help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Alternately, have you considered switching to a different sync method? A 1Password.com account is definitely the easiest and most reliable way to keep your 1Password data up to date on all your devices (and there are many other benefits), but Dropbox would also work well between Mac, iOS, and Android. You can find information about the sync options here: Sync your 1Password data

This discussion has been closed.