Unable to sync Windows app with existing data in Dropbox

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Forced subscription model coming?.

Comments

• bobd42314
    bobd42314
    Community Member
    Options

Dredging up an old post, I know - but after trying to setup synching between my existing ios/mac clients and a new windows machine, I feel like I'm hitting the wall trying to force a subscription model. One just isn't able to use existing cloud services (icloud, dropbox, onedrive) to perform cross platform synching. Mac and ios synching work well, as does all windows synching - just not a combination of all unless you subscribe in the new model and convert to that method.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bobd42314: A lot of people who still use Dropbox (myself included) would have to disagree with you there. It's supported across all platforms. 1Password.com is a much better experience, especially for my family members and others who never want to deal with this stuff, and we're able to offer things there which simply aren't possible without our own service (Travel Mode, automatic offsite backup and item history, and a pretty nice web client), but there are plenty of folks out there who are happy with their existing setups. And I'm one of those who uses both. While I gladly use 1Password.com to take advantage of its strengths, I'm entrenched in Dropbox already and there's noting forcing me to stop using it. Don't hesitate to start a new discussion and ping me if you need help. :)

• bobd42314
    bobd42314
    Community Member
    Options

It depends on the hoops you're willing to jump through, doesn't it though? Try to setup a windows client to use dropbox synching with an already existing ios/mac dropbox setup - the native setup doesn't work.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bobd42314,

The thread where you posted your message was in our Mac forum, but since you're having trouble setting up the Windows version of 1Password, I've moved your posts to a new discussion in our Windows forum so the right people will see it and be able to help. I hope you don't mind!

Can you please describe exactly what's happening on Windows when you try to set up 1Password? What do you see when you launch it, and what options do you choose? Also, what version of 1Password is installed?

Thanks in advance! :)

• keithdud
    keithdud
    Community Member
    Options

Microsoft Lumia 950
    OS Build 10.0.15063.297
    Firmware revision: 01078.00053.16236.35022
    Hardware revision: 2.1.6.2

1password for windows phone 1.5.0.6 (downloaded from "my library" in windows phone store identified with symbol found at top of this page)

I am unable to sync to dropbox, the fields asking for username etc being 'greyed out'.

Please help if you can,

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@keithdud: Ah, that explains it. I'm sorry for the confusion there! That's a long-outdated version of the 1Password Windows Phone app, which is no longer being developed and incompatible with the recent changes to the Dropbox API. We're hoping to release an updated UWP app in the Windows Store based on our new Windows app, which will be available to all 1Password.com members. I can't say for certain if or when this may be ready, but we're working on it.

This discussion has been closed.