The app is not showing up in slideover/splitview

Options
atownguy
atownguy
Community Member

When I swipe from the right side of my screen on my iPad to bring up the "split view"/"slide over" interface, 1Password doesn't even come up with an option to select. This is after it is recently opened, and it still shows up in the multitasking view after double clicking the home button.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.3 beta
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @atownguy

Just to be clear, you're saying that 1Password doesn't show up in the slide over menu that lets you select which app to display there in the slide over/split view?

We don't control whether we display ourselves there. That's all handled by the system.

Just to cover the bases though, I use slide over and split view often on my 12.9 iPad, so I just tried it again for good measure and 1Password has no trouble displaying itself there for me.

Have you tried restarting your iPad? It's also possible that there's a bug in the iOS 10.3.3 beta you're on (I'm on the latest stable release on this particular iPad, the other is on iOS 11 beta and also works there). That menu is populated by iOS though so if something isn't working quite right it's very likely something on the OS side. I'd hope a restart would kick it back into working right but it might not.

Let me know if a restart has helped though. I'd be very curious to know any details of what fixed it here for our own troubleshooting purposes.

• atownguy
    atownguy
    Community Member
    Options

Correct, it's not showing up in the slide over menu. I've already restarted and continue to have the problem, now knowing that the slide over is controlled by the OS I have a feeling this is just a problem with the 10.3.3 beta. I'll update this post once the new beta is released to see if that solved the problem, thanks for the response!

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @atownguy

Definitely keep us in the loop. If there's anything we can do to help just let us know!

• sleasure
    sleasure
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I just noticed this today, on my iPad 10.5 running 10.3.3 beta. I thought I was losing my mind! It's not in split view or slide over! I had to double click to switch to 1P to get to my passwords. I expect it's a glitch in the 10.3.3 beta. When the next one's released I'll follow up! Thanks! Love 1P!

• On 10.3.2 it seems to be fine, so you're probably right. It also appears fine in the iOS 11 developer release, so hopefully that works itself out in the next 10.3.3 beta.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• sleasure
    sleasure
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I am on 10.3.3 (14G5053a) on an iPad Pro 10.5, and after this week's 10.3.3 beta update, slide over and split view still do not work with 1Password. I uninstalled 1P, rebooted, reinstalled 1P, just for good measure. No change in behavior. Please let me know if there's any other information I can provide. I was hopeful this would fix the issue! Still love 1P! :)

Edit: just to make sure, the version of 1Password is 6.7.2 (672000).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know what you tried! I'm not sure what we can do about this since the SlideOver menu is handled solely by the OS, and as such diagnostics from within 1Password won't offer us any information. We'll keeping an eye on this too. :unamused:

• sleasure
    sleasure
    Community Member
    Options

Great news! Everything seems fixed in 10.3.3 (14G5057a)! I didn't realize how many other apps weren't working, either, but 1P was the first since I use it all the time! Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for the support!

Shane

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sleasure

Wonderful to hear that it's fixed. And thank you a ton for letting us know that it's fixed. We really appreciate the effort to keep us in the loop on this one.

Please have a wonderful weekend :)

This discussion has been closed.