Web user interface issues (too light colours, cut off descenders on g, y and j)

Options
dahanbn
dahanbn
Community Member

I marked the issues in both attached pictures. As you can see the your light accent colour is way too light and from an usability aspect hard to use. Much worse is the even lighter colour for new field names (item name, section name) during editing.

Please consider a different colour concept. Maybe your colours work fine on Macs with Retina display but they don't work great on normal monitors.

I also noticed that at least on Windows your web interface is cutting off descenders on g, y and j. That means your font size / choice doesn't correspond with the css height values of that interface elements.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 & 10 with Firefox & Chrome
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: Hmm. I hadn't had an issue with this myself, but I think you're right. I'm not certain that the colour is different, but at the very least the font style/weight in the web interface appears "lighter" than the app. It looks like this isn't the case in on macOS though, only on Windows:

So it may be that we're having to fall back to a font there which behaves differently enough:

Whereas the display in Firefox is even harder to read than in Chrome:

I'm not sure what the solution is here, as there are a few different factors involved, but we'll see what we can do. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: b5-2230

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dahanbn: Yeah. It's something we're looking into. The web promises "write once, run in all browsers", but we're not quite there yet. We may need to be more attentive to the differences there. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.