Google has stopped working with the extension v4.6.72

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited June 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I have noticed the inability to fill with Chrome from Extension v4.6.7.2. I am currently using 1Password 4.6.1.621. with the Native Messaging Host selected. I have started another thread in Windows forum but I am unsure if all this is related?

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79296/does-native-messaging-host-need-to-end-process-1password-6-overrides-v4#latest

This discussion site is working, however.

I have tried the Google sites from iPhone with iPassword v6.7.1 and it works.

1Password Version: 1Password v4.6.1.621
Extension Version: 4.6.7.2
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for reporting this, I've just tested filling with the same versions of 1Password for Windows and the 1Password Chrome Extension but am able to get 1Password to fill.

I am curious as to which version of the Chrome browser you're using? In my case, I tested with 59.0.3071.86 (Official Build) (64-bit).

This discussion site is working, however.

This sounds like filling is working for this discussion site, so I'm guessing that filling is not working for you for specific websites? If that's true could you let me know which website you've experienced filling issues with and I'll see if I can try filling them.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

The odd thing is that when I first launch Chrome v59.0.3071.86 after a cold start, Gmail will fail to fill initially but for some unexplainable reason, it will work later.

It's working now. I will monitor the situation.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @wkleem,

Thanks for letting us know. I tried launching Chrome after rebooting my machine but was able to fill into a number of different websites in.

If you notice this again could you let us know what do you have to do to get it to work? Reload the log in page or restart the browser perhaps?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@matthew_ag:

I decided that it may just be lag although I am uncertain how to reduce it? The topic of 1Password Extension lagging in Chrome has surfaced before when searching the forums.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @wkleem,

I only run 1Password for Windows in VMs as I'm a primarily a Mac user myself. My test vault for 1Password 4 for Windows typically takes a lot of abuse and I've seen it lag in 1Password 4, at least during the first use. I've put it down to something in 1Password 4 for Windows whether that was the right location to attribute it to or not given the extension seems to work. I'm not sure if there is a resolution or not but it would be interesting to see if you see the same lag if you try using a new test vault with just a few items in it. If it responds promptly it would seem to indicate it's a 1Password 4 for Windows issue.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. @littlebobbytables. I've been paring my Primary vault, but I should create a fresh new one instead.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Completely understandable. It will be interesting to see if the experiment highlights anything :smile:

This discussion has been closed.