Can't login with Master Password

Options
T13PGD
T13PGD
Community Member

For some reason, I have been unable to log into my account using my Master Password. I carried out a restore from iCloud on my iPhone and then entered my Master Password and it worked to allow me in. I then changed my Master Password to a simpler just letters and numbers password to minimise the risk of error inputting it. However, this hasn't changed anything and I am unable to log into 1Password through Chrome or Safari using my new Master Password (or the old one...).

Not sure what is going on here but it is troubling as I have no faith now that I can access my passwords other than through the iOS app using my fingerprint.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @T13PGD

If you are still able to access your data through your iPhone using Touch ID then we can resolve this. You can sign up for a 1Password.com trial account, sign into it on your iPhone, and then copy your data over to a 1Password.com vault.

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

1Password.com membership is a new service that we're offering. You can read more about the benefits here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you'd rather not use a 1Password membership once you get your data recovered you can uninstall & reinstall 1Password, set up a new standalone vault, sign into your 1Password account, and copy your data back to the standalone vault. Then sign out of the 1Password.com account.

Thanks!

Ben

• @T13PGD Just hopping in here quickly to let you and @Ben know we'll continue this conversation via e-mail.

ref: AFB-55568-562

This discussion has been closed.