How to delete secondary vault

Options
Denni
Denni
Community Member

I have read several answers to this question but for the life of me, I do not see the vault names when I select 1Password. I have attached a screenshot to show what I see when I select that item from the menu.

1Password Version: 6.8 Beta 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how to delete a vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

Hi @Denni,

The steps you found are for deleting a local/standalone vault from the 1Password app. Are you trying to delete a vault that is part of a 1Password.com account? If so, that works differently, and you won't currently find an option for that in the app. I apologize for the confusion!

To delete a vault from your account, you'll need to sign into that account from 1Password.com in a web browser, click the 'edit' button (it looks like a pencil) on the vault you want to delete, then click the Delete Vault button and follow the steps to confirm deletion. (Keep in mind that you won't be able to delete a Personal / Private vault.) If it helps, we also have those steps here: Edit a vault

Sorry again for the confusion about that! If you need more help or have questions, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• richzhu
    richzhu
    Community Member
    Options

thank you @Drew_AG this's really useful.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Drew_AG, you're quite welcome - glad it helped! :)

This discussion has been closed.