To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Pre-download all attachments/documents from a subscription account to the end-device app

Options
Mr_Zaggy
Mr_Zaggy
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

Hello.

This message is more of a feature request than a typical problem:

Recently I switched to a subscription based account from using standalone license apps. So far, it has been working out great in a sense that I practically do not feel any difference. When I moved to a subscription based account, all the attachments that I previously saved in my logins were converted to standalone documents that now require an explicit download if I want to view them. The latter makes sense, since now everything is stored on AgileBits servers and needs to be downloaded to the end-device app (Mac or mobile).

Few days ago I found myself in a situation where I did not have an internet connection and I needed to view an attachment (document) of one of my 1Password entries. Since I was not able to download it, I could not view it, something that would never happen when I was using standalone license apps with an iCloud sync.

This got me thinking that you never know when you would actually need to view a document and whether it was downloaded or not, can create inconvenience.

I think it would be nice if there would be an option somewhere in the end-device app (or the online account) which would say "Pre-download all documents: Yes/No", with default option as "No". This way, I do not have think "Oh, I am going to be in the no-Internet zone in a few hours and I might need to view the attachments for Categories A,B,C, and D, so I need to pre-download them now"

Thoughts?

Zaggy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    edited June 2017
    Options

Hi @Mr_Zaggy - Thanks for contacting us. Your understanding is correct in regards to how Documents currently work with a 1Password membership. I'm sorry for the inconvenience you had the other day. As of right now, I don't have a workaround besides downloading any documents you may need ahead of time, which is not a great solution or answer to your question. I'll make sure to mention your suggestions to the team and maybe we can improve this in the future. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with me and I appreciate the constructive feedback. Enjoy the rest of your day! :+1:

• Frank
    Options

You're very welcome @Mr_Zaggy, I'll definitely pass this along. Have a great weekend :+1:

• bonela
    bonela
    Community Member
    Options

I also asked for this feature here on October 2016 and still nothing. This is the only feature preventing me from moving to accounts.

I was really surprised and disappointed that when Travel Mode was announced this was not part of it. As I see it, this is essential for travelers, especially if you travel abroad.

What are the chances that we might even see this sometime?

• Frank
    Options

Hi @bonela - It's nice to hear back from you again. I can definitely understand the need for this but I don't have a timeline to provide you with at the moment. I appreciate the feedback and it's definitely on our list. Sorry for not being able to provide you with a better answer. Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll do my best to help.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @Mr_Zaggy - I've mentioned this to the team and I filed an internal issue adding this as a feature request. At this time, I don't have a timeline to provide you with when or if this feature will be added. I completely understand this is an important feature for you and bonela :+1: Sorry for not having a better answer for you at the moment but we're definitely listening and appreciate the feedback. If I have any news to share, I'll make sure to update you both here. Have a nice weekend!

ref: ref: b5-2864

• Frank
    Options

Thank you @Mr_Zaggy! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.