I am confused.
In 2014 I purchased [1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single User License)]
I chose 1password over your competitors mainly because you allow syncing the vault privately. I currently sync my vault via peer-to-peer syncing. I do not want my vault on any sentralized server.
I keep 1password updated on all platforms. Currently the versions have "slid apart":
Windows = 220.127.116.110
Mac = 6.7.1 (671001)
Android = 6.5.2
I have read some posts on the forum and now I am a bit concerned / confused.
- Is it correct that on windows the latest version does not support syncing the vault privately?
- Is it correct that on mac syncing of the vault privately is still going to be supported?
- Is it correct that on android syncing of the vault privatly is still going to be supported?
- Is it a bad idea to run Mac version 6.7.1 towards the same vault (synced) as windows version 18.104.22.1680? Will they stay compatible?
- Why is it possible to update the software on mac and android (to v6.x.x) and not on windows (stuck at 4.x.x)?
- I will insist on keeping my vault on my own devices only. I do not care how secure you believe your storage is or if you feel that my vault password should be enough to protect my vault. It saddens me to see you taking steps to remove the private syncing possibility.
1Password Version: 22.214.171.1240 6.7.1 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6 Windows 7 Android 5.0.2
Sync Type: peer-to-peer