Setting up a Family Account and the "Shared" vault does not show up on my son's iPhone or Macbook

Options
jfwells
jfwells
Community Member

I am a new user and have subscribed to a Family Account. My son's login does not include the "Shared" vault, only "Private". Is there some setting we need to change so that he has access to the items that I would like to share?

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:shared not showing up

Comments

• jfwells
    jfwells
    Community Member
    Options

Nevermind, figured it out. Had been attempting to use the iOS and Mac apps rather than the web page and neither indicated that I needed to confirm his membership. After confirming on the web application he is able to access the "Shared" vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, that's it. Thanks for following up! Glad you got them confirmed and all is well. :)

In case it helps anyone else in the future, this guide will walk you through everything: inviting family members, confirming their accounts once their setup, and sharing vaults with them:

Share passwords with your family

Cheers! :)

• Jim_C
    Jim_C
    Community Member
    Options

Two questions: 1) The link provided says to log in and click "invitations" in the sidebar. There is no link on our interface in Safari for this. 2) The second account added to the family 1Password account can't see the shared folder.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Hi there @Jim_C :)

1. When you log in to your 1Password.com web interface, "Invitations" will be listed in the sidebar on the right. Although it will only be listed for those with the "Family Organizer" status. Family Organizer includes the person who originally made the family account and people who have been granted the status.
    2. New family members have to be confirmed before they get access to the shared vault. Also on the invitations page is a list of members awaiting confirmation. Confirm the new member and they will have access to the shared vault.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)
    Corey

• Hi @Jim_C - It's great to hear from you. @Corey_C is right. You will need to sign into your 1Password.com account via the web in order to invite a family member to join the account. After the family member is up and running, the last step will be signing into the account to confirm them. Once confirmed, they will have access to the Shared vault. You will see a notification when you sign into the account letting you know the family members account is ready to be confirmed. Keep us posted if you run into any questions along the way, we'll be here for you if you need us. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.