I have lost 1Password on Windows 10 during update

Options

I started 1Password on my Windows 10 computer. It told me that an update was available and provided a button to click on to get more information. I clicked on the button. My1Password vanished. The window simply closed. All of the short cuts in both the start menu and the start panel no longer worked. My Windows Settings Apps & features tell it is still installed. But I can't seem to find it. I uninstalled, downloaded a recent version. I run the installation. It starts to launch 1Password and it fails. No error messages are given. I can't find anything in the Event Viewer. I am losing patience. HOW DOES THIS GET FIXED?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @gardner_underhill,

Thank you for reporting this! You did the right thing by contacting us. This situation is quite strange, so let's try to find out what is happening.

First of all, do you remember what version of 1Password you had before the update? Was it 6.5 or lower? Secondly, could you please try to uninstall the version of 1Password you have on your PC, restart your machine, and then try to download the latest update? Does the installation issue remain after that?

Please let us know. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gardner_underhill
    gardner_underhill
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalling and the restart appears to have helped. I downloaded and installed the latest version available on your site. It is now working. Thank you. Sorry this took time to get to.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gardner_underhill,

Thank you for getting back to us with great news! :chuffed: We are glad to hear that you are all set now.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future, we are always here for you.

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.