Shared Vault

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Questions about 1password for families.

Comments

• vrdelacruz
    vrdelacruz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I have 1Password 4 for families (software/download version, not the subscription). I am trying to create a vault for a family member but I can't seem to find instructions on how to create a vault for a member. I did create one a couple of years ago and I can't remember how to do it.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @vrdelacruz - Thank you for reaching out to us. Have you considered giving 1Password Families a test drive? It's much easier to share with family members. It's actually the reason we created 1Password Families, it shouldn't be hard to share data with loved ones. With a 1Password Families account, you just have to invite the family member via email to join the account and that's it. They automatically have access to the Shared vault - it just works.

We no longer recommend sharing via Dropbox anymore since it's complicated to setup and maintain. If you have the technical expertise to get this up and running, you can refer to this guide. I hope this helped and keep in mind, we include a 30 day free trial with a 1Password Families account if you want to test the waters. :wink:

• vrdelacruz
    vrdelacruz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Frank. Let me think about this. I purchased the families upgrade in 2014. I'll check out the guide.

• Frank
    Options

Hi vrdelacruz - You're very welcome and I'm glad the information helped :smile:

ref: UQE-43454-212

This discussion has been closed.