How to update extension if not installed from Safari Extension Gallery

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Mac

If I use the extension from your website, how do I keep it current? I would prefer to not use the Apple Gallery extensions. Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 4.6.6
OS Version: 10.12.5
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steve_H,

Safari extensions that aren't installed from the Safari Extension Gallery must be updated manually. If you installed the 1Password extension from our own website and an update is available, you can follow these steps to install the update:

• Open Safari, go to Safari > Preferences, and click the Extensions tab.
    • If an update for the 1Password extension is available, click Updates near the lower left corner of that window.
    • Click the Update button for the 1Password extension.

I hope that helps, but please let us know if you have more questions about that. Cheers! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

what is the approximate time lag after you issue an update? I got 4.6.7 on my computer due to a clean install of the OS. The update did not show on my wife's computer. I had to go to the extension download page (very well hidden on your website), uninstall the old extension and then instal the latest. Never saw an update button in safari preferences. Her computer is also running the latest of everything. thanks

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Please disregard this post. thanks

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem! Sounds like you found an answer elsewhere? If you need more help, please don't hesitate to let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.