Which is the latest version for Windows?

Options

I have a licence 1Password for windows.

If I check the latest version in download enabling beta I see the latest version as **6.6.439 released on 2017-06-19. **

When I check the version of my install it shows Version 4.6.1.BETA 621.

Could you please help me on this? Which one is the latest which I should install?

Thanks,
Abhijit

1Password Version: 4.6.1.BETA 621
Extension Version: 4.6.7.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 4.6.1.620 is the latest stable release of 1Password for Windows version 4, which supports local vaults with a license (build 621 being the latest beta); whereas the 1Password 6 Windows desktop app, currently at version 6.6.439, works with 1Password.com accounts. Just use the one appropriate for you and you'll be all set. Cheers! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Great info as always! I love 1Password and the team here.. I wish I would have worked with you guys.. As I have done in the past I would like to participate in beta testing or any other effort you can get me involved. I will definitely do a value add..

Thanks,
    Abhijit

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help. Thanks for the kind words! :chuffed:

Depending on which other platforms you're using, you can probably participate in the betas of each. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

BTW do we have the comparison between version 4 and version 6?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: While you probably don't want to use both long-term, you can try a 1Password.com membership free for 30 days to get a good sense for 1Password 6. Just be sure to follow this guide to allow both versions to coexist temporarily if you'll be keeping 1Password 4 around in the mean time. Cheers! :)

• Abhijit
    Abhijit
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, Now I understand the 6 is rewritten completely. I am happy with 4 and I am also using the iPhone/iPad versions. For me here in India the cost is much considering the conversion from USD to INR. Is there a life time option for 6?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Abhijit: We've never offered a "lifetime" option for anything, unless you mean that your license never expires. Licenses are not available for 1Password 6, as it does not support local vaults. Definitely shoot us an email at support@1password.com though and post your Support ID here so we can see if there's something we can do to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.