Bug with auto-filling 1password.com?

Options
prime
prime
Community Member

So I wanted to sign into my family's 1password account. I hit "Fill In" and it was off. The email address spot was empty, the secret key spot got the email address, and the master password spot got the secret key.

I tried this a few times, and it did the same thing.

Another thing I noticed. I logged into the extension with the wrong master password. It sat there and "spun", not saying it's wrong, and I had to close out Chrome to re-do it.

I thought I give you a heads up on this :)

_1Password Version: 0.7.3
_Extension Version: n/a
_OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
_Sync Type: n/a

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @prime,

Happy Friday! This is a very fitting post as I actually ran into both of these issues last night consecutively while I was testing out compatibility with Chromium (which does work in v59+). :+1:

We are official tracking these and I hope we can get these fixed in the near future. You are going to see more than one issue along this journey when it comes to filling, but we plan to improve this often as we release updates.

I hope you have a pleasant weekend!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@beyer how is Chromium? I might try it.

Also, this is journey I am happy to be a part of :)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2017
    Options

@prime: Honestly these days you won't instantly see many differences in Chromium vs Google Chrome. Mostly, if you run Chromium you'll just be missing the closed source audio/video codecs, flash, etc. Most of which can be installed using various other packages.

I would like to quickly note, that currently many of the repositories for common Linux distributions I've looked at don't include Chromium v59 by default yet. However, you can easily grab the latest Chromium build directly from Google.

I found a nice breakdown of the differences between Chromium and Chrome here:

The Difference between Google Chrome and Chromium on Linux

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• dteare
    Options

I was able to recreate the filling issue. It should be a relatively easy fix but my mind is elsewhere at the moment so I likely won't fix that for a while.

As for entering the wrong master password, I can't get this to fail. When I enter a wrong password it correctly turns the Sign In button red and shows the message Master Password is incorrect. I wonder why I'm seeing something different than you? :thinking:

Next time this happens can you ctrl-click on the popup and select Inspect. Then go to the Console and see if any errors are logged.

Last but not least, I changed our minimum version of Chrome to 58 to make it easier for Linux distros that haven't caught up to the latest version yet. In a few weeks or so I'll change it back to 59. This change will be in 0.7.4, which was just published to the Chrome Web Store.

Thanks again for the feedback!

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

woohoo I got one! :)

If the login issue happens again, I'll let you know.

Happy to help!

• dteare
    Options

Cool. Hopefully @beyer can reproduce it as well and can screenshare with me if needed.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

So I tried the wrong password a few times, and I get "master password is incorrect" so I then then typed "incorrect" and still nothing :lol:
    Ok, that was a lame joke, but I had too. But it seems to be fine on my end. Maybe it was a glitch or something, but thanks!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! Let us know if you see any inconsistencies again. :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.