Accessibility feedback for latest version

Helo,

I'm blind and just wanted to report some issues with the latest version of 1password on Windows with NVDA and Narrator, the screen reader built into Windows. First, when searching or viewing items in the vault, all NVDA or narrator says is agilebits.viewitem.1password.viewmodel or some similar string. This also occurs when filling logins. Also the process for filling a login or generating a new password has become inaccessible. When creating a new login, there is no accessible way to get to the password generator or fill a login from what I can hear. NVDA says "Pane" in a lot of places. Also some buttons seem unlabeled but I can't remember where these are so I will post to this discussion the next time I encounter them. Thanks for taking a look,

Mike

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mike Reiser: Thanks for reaching out. I’m really sorry for the trouble! It's possible that some of the big changes we've been making in the app overall has set 1Password 6 back a bit with regard to accessibility caused you some very real grief. I've shared these issues with the team, and please don't hesitate to tell us any other things which aren't working properly for you. This is an area where we have a lot more work to do yet. :(

ref: OPW6-388

• keba
    keba
    Community Member

Hi, i too have noticed this, got a trial account to give it a go, as i've use 1password 4 on windows and 1password on 6 on mac and iOS for over a year now, and have loved this system. to be exact, when you arrow through listings, it says the following. AgileBits.OnePassword.UI.ViewModels.ItemViewModel. looking forward to accessibility being worked on for this, as i'd hate to have to go back to my 1password 4 and dropbox syncing. lol. that was cluncky and prone to dropbox errors causing duplicate files in the vault. this is a much better system i think and with accessibility fixes, will be even better than the standalone way. thanks for working on accessibility, not only in windows, but on iOS. as this means we have a unified password manager that works across our platforms.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@keba: Thank you for reporting it. I'm really sorry about that. That doesn't sound very useful at all. I really appreciate the encouragement, especially under the circumstances. We'll get this fixed so you have a smooth experience on Windows too. :blush:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@Mike Reiser: I just wanted to reach out to let you know that we've just released version 6.7 with fixes for some of these accessibility issues. You'll get it automatically in the background when 1Password does an update check while it's locked, but you can get it right away by manually checking for updates in settings or directly from our site:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

I'd love to get your feedback when you have a chance. We're not there yet, and we'll continue to make more improvements. Thanks again for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPW6-1173

• Mike_Reiser
    Mike_Reiser
    Community Member

Thanks for the update, the list views work a lot better now. I'm still having trouble with filling in a login. When a username field is encountered, such as on the discussion forums log in page, I press the context menu or applications key and choose 1password. 1password mini comes up and I see the log in item for the site I want to log into, pressing enter on this does nothing. The only way I've gotten auto fill to work is to press control backslash. Is this the prefered way to use auto fill? Also, when unlocking my vault, there seems to be no unlock button on the screen, or at least tab doesn't take me to it. Is there actually an unlock button or should I just press enter? Thanks,

Mike

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update, the list views work a lot better now.

@Mike Reiser: Thanks for letting me know, Mike! Glad to hear that you're able to navigate the list views again. Sorry that it took so long for us to get that sorted out, but with more things in place under the hood to make these kinds of improvements we'll keep working at it.

I'm still having trouble with filling in a login. When a username field is encountered, such as on the discussion forums log in page, I press the context menu or applications key and choose 1password. 1password mini comes up and I see the log in item for the site I want to log into, pressing enter on this does nothing. The only way I've gotten auto fill to work is to press control backslash. Is this the prefered way to use auto fill?

Aha. Good observation! Indeed, Ctrl \ is the (relatively) global hotkey to fill login for the current site using 1Password. Also, when you have a login item highlighted in either the app or 1Password mini, pressing Enter will open and fill in your default browser (or Windows will prompt you to select a browser to open it in). You're right that we don't have a context menu item for this. Would you find that preferable? It's certainly something we can consider.

Also, when unlocking my vault, there seems to be no unlock button on the screen, or at least tab doesn't take me to it. Is there actually an unlock button or should I just press enter? Thanks, Mike

Correct. 1Password 6 doesn't have an "unlock" button since you can just press Enter after typing your Master Password to unlock it, but you're right that this may not be obvious. Let me know what you think! :)

This discussion has been closed.