One morning my Windows 10 PC states "this app can't run on your pc"

Options

When I attempt to open 1 Password 6 on my Windows 10 PC, it states "this app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I've had 1 Password running on this computer for two months without issues. I recently updated the version after being prompted to do so by the application itself. That was at least a week ago and it had been running fine until now. This is Monday morning and my PC sat idle for a few days. Perhaps a Windows update was installed but I didn't notice anything.

I'm unable to get specific version information because the app won't open.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"this app can't run on your pc"

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sunburn06: That's really odd. Which build of Windows 10 are you using currently, and what version of 1Password do you have installed? Have you tired rebooting? It may help to install a fresh copy, in case something did go wrong with an update:

https://1password.com/downloads/

Let me know what you find!

• sunburn06
    sunburn06
    Community Member
    Options

I've had some bad experiences in the past by uninstalling and trying to reinstall applications but I decided to go for broke anyway and it seems to have resolved the problem. For your information my Windows 10 build is 14393.1198. Since I couldn't launch the app I don't know what build of 1Password I was using. I just installed 6.6.439d for what it's worth.

• Kuhlma
    Kuhlma
    Community Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

@sunburn06: I had the same error. One morning, after i start my computer, The app crashed again and again.

The following way could help:

• Uninstall 1Password
    • Uninstall all browser extensions
    • Delete all folders under %AppData% (I had some folders with "AgileBits...." and "1Password")
      AppData\Local
      AppData\LocalLow
      AppData\Roaming

• Delete the following registry Key's
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\AgileBits_RASAPI32]
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Tracing\AgileBits_RASMANCS]
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run32] -
      "Agile1pAgent"=hex:02,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

• Reboot

• Install 1Password

These steps work for me. I hope it will work for the future :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kuhlma: Thanks for sharing that! I would recommend a less destructive approach though when starting over.

@sunburn06: While I'm a bit surprised that you uninstalled 1Password (that probably wasn't necessary), I'm glad to hear that all is well again. Cheers! :)

• Kuhlma
    Kuhlma
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

after a reboot, the error is back. I don't know, what the problem is:

My Configuration:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Version 1607
    • Build 14393.1198

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kuhlma: I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for letting us know. The NativeMessagingHost is what 1Password uses to communicate with Chrome. Do you have that browser set to start with Windows? It may be that this is happening before 1Password is able to fully initialize, therefore causing this error. If you close the browser and relaunch 1Password, does it work normally after that?

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart Windows, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Also please grab the Event Viewer logs:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send both to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Are you using any anti-malware solution that could be interfering with 1Password? We have seen MalwareBytes interfering with the NativeMessagingHost process during an update and we're investigating it.

This discussion has been closed.