To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Servers location [AWS in northeastern US]

Phil7
Phil7
Community Member
edited June 2017 in Memberships

Hi,

Where are the servers ? In USA ? Europe ?

Philippe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Phil7: 1Password.com uses Amazon AWS as its storage provider, with servers based out of the northeastern USA. Since people around the world can still use 1Password.com simply by virtue of having internet access, we don't have servers in other regions currently, but it's something we may do in the future as we expand the service to make it more efficient for folks further away, and cases where regulatory restrictions prevent some from being able to use 1Password.com for their business. Cheers! :)

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member

@brenty but it's something we may do in the future as we expand the service to make it more efficient for folks further away, and cases where regulatory restrictions prevent some from being able to use 1Password.com for their business. Cheers! :)

I am really looking forward to this. I live in Europe, EU to be more specific and I think it would be awesome to have servers that are closer to your region. Maybe you can have faster response time from the server if it's closer to you.

• Hi @Catalin1P - It's great to hear back from you and I hope all is well on your end. I think we're looking forward to it as well, hopefully we'll make this happen in the future. But as Brenty said -

it's something we may do in the future as we expand the service to make it more efficient for folks further away, and cases where regulatory restrictions prevent some from being able to use 1Password.com for their business.

Let us know if you have any additional questions and we'll be more than happy to help. I hope you have a great weekend :+1:

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member

The feeling is mutual @Frank I am happy to post on this forum and to know that you are taking costumers idea into a count. I might not be active but I read 1Password's blog and its forum. Take care of you guys and enjoy the summer while it lasts. I am sure you have something beautiful in store for us in the near future.

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member

Thank you. Excuse me not speaking more, I'm French and it is not easy for me speaking English...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Phil7: Your English is much better than my French, so no problem! :lol:

@Catalin1P: You too! And I'm sure we'll have something fun to share before long. Stay cool! :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.