do i need my dropbox folder any more

mikegrace78
mikegrace78
Community Member

I was a 1Password purchaser for years with Dropbox synchronisation, but now I subscribe. Is it safe to delete my Dropbox folder? I can't find this in your support forum (I'm sure it's there - just can't find it)

1Password Version: 6.7.1
Extension Version: 6.7.1
OS Version: OSX 10.12.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:a subscriber

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mikegrace78,

Thanks for writing in with your question! If you subscribe to a 1Password.com account now and have all your data in that account, you no longer need to use Dropbox to sync 1Password (your account data syncs through our own servers). If you still have any .agilekeychain or .opvault files/folders in Dropbox, feel free to delete those - they're no longer needed if all your data is in your 1Password.com account.

However, I can't tell you whether or not it's safe to delete the entire Dropbox folder from your Mac because I don't know what else you might be using it for. The Dropbox folder is for anything you sync with your Dropbox account. You may have added files to the Dropbox folder, or you might be using other apps that sync data via Dropbox. You should contact Dropbox if you have questions about deleting the Dropbox folder or uninstalling the Dropbox app.

I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about 1Password, please let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• mikegrace78
    mikegrace78
    Community Member

Thanks Drew - and sorry for my innaccurate writing - I only meant my 1Password folder in my Dropbox account, not the whole Dropbox folder.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem! I'm glad that was helpful for you. We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.