Can't install 6.6439

lostlogik
lostlogik
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Trying to update to 6.6.439 under W10 on my Alienware 15" laptop and the installer keeps crashing out. I can download the installer, but as soon as I try running it, the screen blinks and then I'm at the desktop. Task manager shows the installer no longer running.

I've tried running the update from within the 1Password and separately but the same result.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lostlogik: We've seen a couple very specific crashes recently: users with an outdated Riva Tuner installed in Windows, and a bug in .NET affecting systems with pen/tablet input. Do either of those apply in your case? On the other hand, you may not be experiencing a crash at all, as some "security" software will kill the app when it is run due to a false positive. Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong in your case though. The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you seeing an error message? Thanks in advance! :)

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

@brenty No, don't have a Rival Tuner nor pen/tablet input. The issue is experienced on my Alienware 15" laptop, though I don't have any other Windows system to test out.

When I say crash, what happens is the update file will download, then when running is commenced it crashes /stops running and all instance of 1password is terminated and I revert back to the desktop. There is no error message. It happens immediately.

I am not running security software other than Windows Defender.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lostlogik: Thanks for letting me know. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your PC, reproduce the same issue, and then grab the Event Viewer logs so we can see what's causing this:

1. Click on the start button to search for Event Viewer, open it.
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Applications and Services Logs, 1Password should show up below here
    3. Right click on 1Password to select Save all events as and save it as 'logs.txt', set Save as Type to Text (tab delimited) (*.txt)

Please send it to support+windows@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post your Support ID here so we can confirm that we've received it. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• lostlogik
    lostlogik
    Community Member

Sorry for the delay in replying but was trying out various things. Anyway, after giving up on the "update" route I adopted the "delete and start again" approach and all now up to date OK.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, fair enough. Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.