Ideas on filling the one-time password

richardevs
richardevs
Community Member

I know that 1Password can not auto-fill one-time password because everyone use different input name. But websites like Hexonet ( a.k.a. 1API ) requires one-time password to be enter at the same time rather than afterward, so you must first copy the one-time password from 1Password and then click to auto-fill the form. Can't we like, just have a column to specify which text input name the website is using ( or let 1Password specify the current text box user entering ) and save it forever on?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@richardevs: It's an idea we've toyed with over the years, not for TOTP specifically but for filling in general. But that feels pretty onerous; requiring the user to find the field ID and specify that in the item manually would help very few people, as this is not something most folks will be willing to do even if they are able. So for now we're focusing on automatically copying the TOTP to the clipboard when filling a login, as that's something all computer users are comfortable doing. But you're right. It would be nice to be able to fill not only TOTP codes but any arbitrary custom fields. Definitely something we'll continue to explore, and perhaps we can do something in this area in the future. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• jdpierce21
    jdpierce21
    Community Member

I just ran an update for 1Password and I am on 6.8 (680015) running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 beta. But, now the TOTP automatically copies to the clip board for me. This is the first time it has done this for me. I just wanted to say I love the new feature! It's a huge time saver. :)

I am not sure if this is the right thread so please move it to the correct thread if that's the case.

I've used the auto TOTP copy several times now and it works great!!!

• Thanks for the feedback, @jdpierce21! This is indeed new in 6.8. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Ben

• jdpierce21
    jdpierce21
    Community Member

Enjoying it!?! I am freaking loving it!!! :+1: :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Me too! Glad this is finally out of beta and releasing on time. :love: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.