A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• lukas_paceup
    lukas_paceup
    Community Member

@brenty awesome, thanks for the update. Regarding my comment on "register them collectively" I was referring to our Linux users who need the beta. But seems like all of them need to sign up separately and create a forum account first?

• kwhitney
    kwhitney
    Community Member

Would like to test it out - submitted my request yesterday. Using a Chromebook as my primary computer, and I've been a daily 1Password user for years.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kwhitney - thanks! We'll get to your request as quickly as possible. :)

• Rangeball
    Rangeball
    Community Member

I applied for the beta a couple day ago, is there a typical turnaround?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Rangeball -- no; we'll get to your request as quickly as we're able to. Thanks for checking, and for your interest in 1Password for Chrome!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenty awesome, thanks for the update. Regarding my comment on "register them collectively" I was referring to our Linux users who need the beta. But seems like all of them need to sign up separately and create a forum account first?

@lukas_paceup: Ah, sorry! I completely misunderstood. Indeed, the private beta is per person. It's still fairly early, so we're not quite ready to open the floodgates yet. The feedback from folks here in the forums is helping us get there. Once it's ready for a public beta it will be easier. :blush:

• tmdlkwd
    tmdlkwd
    Community Member

Hi,
    Not sure if this is where to ask

But, when will the Chrome Extension will be released?
    Thanks..

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tmdlkwd: Asking here is fine. I just don't have an answer for you. Right now it's in private beta for ChromeOS and Linux, so it may be a while before it is "finished" and available to everyone. No way to say for sure though. It's done when it's done. :)

• ChaseMiller
    ChaseMiller
    Community Member

Just signed up for the beta. Looking forward to trying this out. No 1Password support was one of the reasons I have never made the change over to linux.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @ChaseMiller - both for being an awesome 1Password user over the years, and for being ready to help us test out the new 1Password for Chrome! Someone will reply as quickly as we're able. :)

• spaceintern
    spaceintern
    Community Member

signed up for linux beta. can't wait to try it out!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! We'll get back to you via email as soon as we can. :)

• mschneider
    mschneider
    Community Member

Just signed up. Looking forward to hear from you :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good. We'll be in touch. :)

• BiosElement
    BiosElement
    Community Member

Glad to hear you guys are finally supporting Linux, or at least Chrome which runs well enough. I'm not a purist, but it's so much nicer. ^_^

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, it's nice to have yet another tool at our disposal for using 1Password in different environments! :) :+1:

• Have signed up for the beta. Cant wait for the invite :)

• scrogson
    scrogson
    Community Member

Looking forward to the beta invite!

• Hummingpain
    Hummingpain
    Community Member

hi i signed up for beta a while ago, am i still in the loop or?

• spaceintern
    spaceintern
    Community Member

☝️

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spaceintern and @Hummingpain - yep! We'll be in touch as quickly as possible. Thanks for your interest!

• spaceintern
    spaceintern
    Community Member

ok thank you :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@spaceintern :+1: :)

• ishaan
    ishaan
    Community Member

Hi, just wondering what the progress is on this (I have a chromebook but am keen to try out 1Password). I left my email on the link, hope you got it. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ishaan - thanks! We'll be with you as quickly as possible.

• Maiku
    Maiku
    Community Member

Trying to evaluate lastpass (my current solo option) vs 1password for family accounts. Linux support is crucial to me. I already saw the CLI tool which is nice, but browser integration would be really nice. Over years I've always liked 1Password better, but it used to be Mac only which was a deal-breaker for me, but now seeing that there is a lot of movement to support it cross-platform I would love to switch. I don't mind bleeding edge. Joined the beta list. Hope to get the invite.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well, 1Password hasn't been Mac-only since at least 2010. I'm sorry if we've scared you away for that long! :lol:

Thanks for giving 1Password another try. Hope you like the beta! :sunglasses:

• joadr
    joadr
    Community Member

Great! my organization finally added me to 1password now that you have created the linux extension :)

waiting for approval :D

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@joadr - Excellent! We'll be with you as quickly as possible. :)

• taschetto
    taschetto
    Community Member

I left my email on your typeform. Hope to get in touch with you soon. :)

This discussion has been closed.