A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@arnmos28: You're welcome to join the Linux/ChromeOS private beta as Dave mentioned above, but it's at a prerelease stage and not recommended except for testing purposes currently. If you want to participate we're glad to get your feedback though! :)

• gif
    gif
    Community Member

I would like to try it. :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Feel free to sign up! :)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hello @brenty,
    if this is a chrome extensions. Could I then sign up and test it on my Mac using google chrome? :D Or would I need a true linux system like ubuntu? In order to help testing?

Have a great day,
    Timo

• It'll work in Chrome on Mac as well. :)

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

Hey @Ben,
    great you got an email from me ;)

Have a nice day,
    Timo

• :+1: :)

Ben

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Ben,
    can't wait to test it out :) I hope I will be given access. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Sergio_B
    Sergio_B
    Community Member

Can you tell me how to sign up for the chrome os beta and install it in my ASUS Chromebook? Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Sergio_B,

As Brenty mentioned a few comments back:

You're welcome to join the Linux/ChromeOS private beta as Dave mentioned above

Cheers! :)

• solowatch
    solowatch
    Community Member

i just sent the email! Cant wait to get my hands on it. :)

• Looking forward to hearing your comments @solowatch :)

Enjoy!
    Sara

• onedr0p
    onedr0p
    Community Member

I found out I need to use Linux at work and would love to have my personal 1Password working there. Any chance I can get a invite?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@onedr0p: Just follow Dave's instructions above and there's a good chance you can join the beta! ;)

• femke
    femke
    Community Member

Added my pretty-please to the email-queue ;)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@femke: Great! I'm finishing up a little bit of development work, and then I'll be going through and sending out invites. You should see something by the end of the day.

Thanks for your interest in the beta!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• dhrose
    dhrose
    Community Member

I've sent an email requesting to be part of the beta testing. Do I have to do anything further or will you announce when it is ready? BTW, I'm eager to try it on my Chromebook and my Linux box - will it play with all flavors of Linux? Mine is Linux Mint.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've sent an email requesting to be part of the beta testing. Do I have to do anything further or will you announce when it is ready?

@dhrose: Nope, you don't have to do anything else yet. We'll get back to via email with further details. :)

BTW, I'm eager to try it on my Chromebook and my Linux box - will it play with all flavors of Linux? Mine is Linux Mint.

Technically it should work in Chrome just about anywhere (excepting mobile devices), so unless you're using an unofficial Chrome build you should be all set regardless of your Linux distro. Cheers! :chuffed:

• ianmjones
    ianmjones
    Community Member

Hi, I sent an email requesting to be part of the beta at the end of last week but haven't had an invite yet. Is there any chance of getting a bump up the list as I'm about to go on a trip with my swanky new Linux laptop and would love to give the new Chrome extension a thorough test. ;)

If it at all helps sway you, I'm really good at breaking things and know how to write a bug report!

Pretty please?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ianmjones: I'm not seeing anything in the inbox under this address, so either you sent it from another or it was never successfully sent at all. If you'll give me the Support ID you received from the BitBot autoresponder I should be able to hunt it down though. :)

• ianmjones
    ianmjones
    Community Member

@brenty Ooh, I didn't get an auto-responder, so I've resent it, fingers crossed!

• ianmjones
    ianmjones
    Community Member

@brenty, just to let you know that I've sent a couple of emails this evening and not had an autoresponder reply. I sent the second with different subject and content just in case the first was filtered off as spam, I guess maybe the second was too?

I've not had any "your email could not be delivered" response and was careful to copy the email address from Dave's original post. So I'm at a loss as to why I'm not getting the autoresponder response.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@ianmjones: There has been a slight miscommunication, you shouldn't have any autoresponders from this email address.

I've received your message and responded. Sorry for the delay, I've been busy squashing bugs in 1Password for Chrome.

Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• ianmjones
    ianmjones
    Community Member

Awesome, thanks @beyer!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

:+1::chuffed:

• moncky
    moncky
    Community Member

I won't lie to you, I have been keeping half an eye on this topic for a while, coupled with the lastpass announcement I decided to sign up in the hopes of a chance to try the beta out,

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@moncky: That's great to hear! Thanks for considering 1Password. Just get in touch as Dave mentioned above and we'll get back to you as soon as we're able. :)

• tdk2fe
    tdk2fe
    Community Member

Just sent my request - looking forward to it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• julianppoon
    julianppoon
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Can't wait to try it out on Ubuntu 17.04 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.