A Present for Chrome OS and Linux Users [see Dave's first post for details]

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@thiago_101: We'll get back to you as soon as we can. ;)

• Catalin1P
    Catalin1P
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

If you ask me, or if I have to ever vote for the best password manager award and its team, then I am all in for you guys. I have never seen so much commitment for a password manager anywhere before.

Even though I never used Linux like I used Windows before transiting permanently to Apple ecosystem. I am glad you are willing to provide this beautiful piece of software on all existing platforms on the market today. Hopefully you will be the market leader in a few years.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Catalin1P: Wow. Thank you!!! I don't think we can quite say we're on all existing platforms yet, but the 1Password.com web interface helps a lot in that regard and this is a pretty big step in that direction as well. The encouragement is greatly appreciated! We love our customers, and we're excited to share this and much more to come! :love:

• timson81
    timson81
    Community Member

Hi! I am also want to join chrome extension beta program.

• sifutommy
    sifutommy
    Community Member

Are you guys behind on issuing invites? I filled out the form almost a week ago.

• m3thos
    m3thos
    Community Member

I just signed up for this two days ago, but I haven't gotten any email or message back with access to the private board about this.
    Really looking forward to using it, just moved my laptop to linux.

Any idea of how soon I should get an update?

• Hi folks,

Sorry for the delay. We're processing these applications as quickly as we can. We appreciate your enthusiasm! We should be back with you soon.

Ben

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your patience! Today I caught up on any backlog of sign up requests we had. :)

If you haven't received a reply from me, then it's possible you didn't complete the signup form correctly. I did notice a few bounced emails came in after I replied.

If you haven't heard back from me, go ahead and resubmit your request and be sure to include the email address you use to sign in to your 1Password.com account.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Hi, would like to get invitation for the beta as well

I'm running Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2017

Hi @avihoo_mamka

Thanks for your interest. Did you follow the instructions here to sign up?

Ben

• Hi @Ben

Yes, I signed up for the beta

• Great. Thanks. :)

Ben

• andrea123z
    andrea123z
    Community Member

Would you think I can try this extension on Brave on Linux? Maybe there is a workaround to install it in there?
    (Not a great fun of Chrome anyway, I'd rather use Chromium)

• The extensios is built using the Chrome extension framework. As far as I'm aware Brave is not compatible with the Chrome extension framework.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@andrea123z: Just to clarify, Brave doesn't offer the ability to install 3rd party extensions at all. They've chosen a different route: they build 1Password and a few other extensions directly into their browser. So for this to be possible in the future, they'd either have to add it themselves or start supporting a way for users to install it.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@andrea123z: There is a workaround that may work in Brave if you're the kind of person that doesn't mind working in the terminal.

Another browser that works quite well with 1Password for Chrome is Vivaldi (a fan favorite by some of my friends here at AgileBits).

We are focusing our development on Google Chrome so any other browsers would be unsupported by us (at this time), but most Linux users are used to that kind of thing. :pirate:

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• andrea123z
    andrea123z
    Community Member

Thanks everyone for replying. Yes I know Brave works differently and "builds" the extension into the browser.

Being a bit mental about privacy I'm not going to use Chrome now (and never) as my default browser, so the nearest option for me would be Chromium but there are other issues there...

I guess Brave will try to make its magic to include this version in the browser, when you release it officially.

@beyer thanks a lot for sharing. I'll have a look and keep you updated about the outcome.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@andrea123z: Sounds good. Please be sure to only post feedback related to 1Password for Chrome in the appropriate private section (Chrome OS and Linux) of our Support Forum.

Have a great day! :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• florianlemenach
    florianlemenach
    Community Member

Hi @Ben

I followed the instructions to access the beta linux but I did not receive access.
    Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@florianlemenach: We will get back to you after we've gone through the others before you. Thanks for your patience!

• florianlemenach
    florianlemenach
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting ;)

• macshaggy
    macshaggy
    Community Member

I've sent in an email myself and I haven't heard yet.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@florianlemenach, @macshaggy: Thanks! We'll get back to you as soon as we can. :)

• Wait, this means i don't have to copy paste my passwords anymore? :-D My Ctrl-C Ctrl-V thank you ^-^

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@Japje: :+1: You're very welcome. I'm working my way through any pending requests right now, so anyone who hasn't heard back will have a response today!

Have a great week everyone. :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• zakaria_anbari
    zakaria_anbari
    Community Member

Hello Guys,
    you are doing such a great job :D
    sent an email just this morning.
    Thank you.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@zakaria_anbari: Thanks! You should see a reply from me shortly.

Have a great day!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• I emailed my username info and never heard back. I would really like to try out the extension! Thanks.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@rvanhouten: Sorry about that! It looks like your original request didn't include a valid username for our Support Forum.

I just searched and found you replied to my original email, but somehow it was archived when it shouldn't be. :ohnoes:

You should have a welcome email in your inbox now, but let me know if it doesn't arrive.

For anyone else that comes by this post, it's extremely helpful if you follow the instructions in our beta request forum. I've seen a fair amount of people who don't register for a Support Forum account and send us a random username.

Thanks everyone!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• zakaria_anbari
    zakaria_anbari
    Community Member

Hey, @beyer , didn't get one as well.
    Thank you

This discussion has been closed.