1Password doesn't fill in passwords in Apple Support Communites

Options
fisherg
fisherg
Community Member

iOS 10.3.2 iPhone 6 Plus 1Password 6.7.2 with purchased Pro Features.
For example: https://discussions.apple.com/login.jspa

Comments

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

That's something on apples side. There are some sites that just don't allowe autofilling of password.

• fisherg
    fisherg
    Community Member
    Options

The odd thing is I can use 1Password on the same website on my Mac. Just not iPhone.

• prime
    prime
    Community Member
    Options

Funny, it stopped autofilling for me on my Mac. I've read a while back they were doing this, and it's so stupid.

• fisherg
    fisherg
    Community Member
    Options

For me, using 1Password 6.7.1 on Mac OS 10.12.5 works on this website

• Ben
    Options

Hi @fisherg,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

The difference is that 1Password for iOS is unable to fill into iframe elements. These elements are used for including one web page inside of another, and this is what Apple does for their login form. 1Password for Mac does not have this restriction. As it stands there are security concerns about allowing filling into iframes on iOS that do not exist on Mac, which is the reason for the difference. Hopefully in the future Apple will provide an update to iOS that will address those concerns (preferable), or they'll stop using an iframe for their login form (which wouldn't solve the issue for a number of other sites that do).

Sorry there isn't a better answer at the moment, but you should be able to copy & paste your credentials into Apple's site.

Thanks!

Ben

• domdtyler
    domdtyler
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, in the meantime, do you think that when a site has iframes, 1Password could pop up a message when you tap to auto fill, giving you your username, and copying the password to the clipboard. This would make it so much faster than the current system: reopening the 1Password share extension, tapping the info icon, copying the password, tapping back and then cancel.

Just a thought

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2017
    Options

@domdtyler

That is something we can look into. :)

Ben

ref: OPI-3799

• domdtyler
    domdtyler
    Community Member