A way to add multiple teams?

Is there a way to manually add an additional 1Password account currently? The instructions suggest multiple accounts are supported at least, but I did not see a way to sign into my teams account in addition to my personal account.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hey @vluft,

Firstly, thanks for joining the 1Password for Chrome beta and welcome to our Support Forum!

I'll be completely honest and say that we are currently reevaluating our final implementation of adding/removing additional 1Password.com accounts for 1Password for Chrome. We have a few minor concerns and we've accidentally shocked some of our beta crew with our current process of finding Login items within your account and signing you in automatically. I tell you this because changes will be made and I don't want you to be surprised by them.

However, currently, you can add additional 1Password.com accounts to 1Password for Chrome. To add an additional account create a new Login item in your primary account (the account you signed into 1Password with).

Here's the fields you need:
    username: Account Email address
    password: Account Master Password
    secret key: Account Secret Key (text or password field)

Once you have a valid Login item, the next time you unlock 1Password for Chrome your secondary account will be added and you'll see it listed on the settings page like so:

You can repeat this process with as many accounts as you need.

Please let me know if you have any issues and I'd be happy to help!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• vluft
    vluft
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

That did it, thanks. Looks like it might need to be in primary vault in main account as well? Or something was off on my one in other vault.

Anyway, looking good so far, and nice to have the low-friction 1Password experience we all know and love on Linux. Thanks for the beta invite, will make bug reports if I run into any issues. (So far my only major missing feature is ability to select which vaults are included in all vault search, which I believe is on the radar at least.)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@vluft: Awesome! I'm glad that worked for you. I apologize I forgot to mention that the Login item needs to be in your Primary/Personal vault.

(So far my only major missing feature is ability to select which vaults are included in all vault search, which I believe is on the radar at least.)

This is absolutely on the radar!

Thanks for using 1Password! Please let me know if we can do anything to help make your 1Password + Linux experience better!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.