Two-finger scrolling of item list is too fast

Options
zendnez
zendnez
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Reporting this on behalf of my wife.

This is occurring on a Surface Laptop. The issue occurs when attempting to scroll the item list by using two-finger-based scrolling on the trackpad. When doing this, the item list scrolls very quickly and is hard to control. Using two-finger scrolling in web browsers, Word, and similar is slow and smooth. Scrolling the item list with a finger on the screen works fine as does clicking on scrollbar thumbs.

My wife hit this on 6.6.439. I'm also seeing it on 6.7-beta.441

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @zendnez,

Thanks for reporting this.

I can reproduce the same issue. We'll look into it and see if we can fix this or if it is a bug we need to report to Microsoft. They are changing the touch/mouse stack in the .NET 4.7 framework that could be causing this.

• sammularczyk
    sammularczyk
    Community Member
    Options

I'm seeing this issue too, it's not smooth at all. Touch scrolling is also pretty weird, it scrolls line-by-line instead of smooth scrolling like the rest of Windows.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, it seems exactly the right speed when I use an old-fashioned (well...optical) mouse, but very touchy with the touchpad...

Thanks for the feedback! And now I need to stop before I make any more puns...

• @zendnez @sammularczyk currently 1Password scrolls by item, but with next update it is set to scroll by pixels. While it doesn't eliminate speed factor completely, it will make touch/touchpad/mouse drag scrolling a bit smoother and more natural. Hope that helps :)

• zendnez
    zendnez
    Community Member
    Options

The last few betas (including the current 6.7.451) have the new behavior. It's definitely better - it now two-finger scrolls more linearly but it's still too fast relative to how two-finger scrolling behaves in web browsers, word, and similar. Would be great if it could be slowed down, but it's already much more usable than it used to be. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @zendnez,

Thanks for the update, that's great to hear! We still have a lot of things we want to work on for the item list performance and yes, scrolling is still on the list. I recall seeing that Microsoft is updating .NET to improve the performance of scrolling by rebuilding it on top of the more modern stylus/pen stack rather than the previous pointer based, so we might get more benefits by recompiling 1Password with the latest .NET version but we have to wait until it is available on all Windows versions first.

This discussion has been closed.