Copy and Paste between 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 as a workaround for local vault support?

As much as I need local vault support, I cannot be stuck on 1Password v6.5 indefinitely. In the interim, would copying and pasting between 1Password 4 and 6 work? I have experienced the situation where, when enough time has lapsed, the password disappears from the clipboard. I would have to end 1Password 6 before starting 1Password 4 and that's where the issue lies as the clipboard contents may not survive the App closure.

There are other times when a clipboard item fails to fill/paste.

It happened with the Apple ID.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/40893/appleid-issue

1Password Version: 1Password v6.5.401
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wkleem,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

I am not sure I understand you completely here. If you want to move your data from 1Password 4 to your account in 1Password 6, why do you prefer copying and pasting your data between the apps, instead of importing your data, as described in our guide?

Please let me know what I am missing here. We will do our best to assist you after that. Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi Greg!

My concern is what happens when I move items from 1Password v6 back to v4 since in Windows, the two versions are mutually exclusive. 1Password v4 can't see 1Password.com and 1Password v6 isn't (fully) compatible with Dropbox vaults.

I need to keep v4 for Windows around as I am not ready to give it up yet while it still works.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Have you had trouble with both running at once? I do this frequently. As long as you don't have the 1Password 4 Helper (Agile1PAgent.exe / 1Password (32-bit)) running it won't interfere with 1Password 6 connecting to the browser. I've removed it from startup.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

Hi Brent,

I always thought that both 1Password versions 4 and 6 should not run concurrently? Agile1PAgent is usually killed in Task Manager temporarily !

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Certainly it isn't something we'd recommend doing, but so long as the 1Password 4 Helper/Agent isn't running it won't interfere with 1Password 6. At that point 1Password 4 is just a client to access your local vault(s). That's how I usually use it these days anyway. :)

This discussion has been closed.