Logging in to a new site

hbeatty955i
hbeatty955i
Community Member

When I sign in to a new site (costco.com) that isn't in 1Password should it ask me to save the login?

1Password Version: N/A
_Extension Version:
OS Version: CentOS 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mkasu
    mkasu
    Community Member

I think the plugin does not support that functionality yet (that's the "alpha" part of the otherwise already pretty stable plugin)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @hbeatty955i,

Welcome to the 1Password for Chrome beta and our Support Forum!

@mkasu is correct. 1Password for Chrome doesn't support creating new items ... yet. This is absolutely a key feature for 1Password, therefore, it will be included in our Chrome version. We don't like to commit to specific dates, but we are making progress on first creating a strong password generator. The strong password generator is crucial to helping our users create new Login items with strong and unique passwords. I think you'll love how everything turns out in the end!

In the meantime, you can create new 1Password items using on a different platform or by signing into your account on 1Password.com.

Thanks again for helping us make 1Password better. I hope you both have a fantastic weekend – Cheers!

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• hbeatty955i
    hbeatty955i
    Community Member

Hey @beyer,

Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't run into something that was unknown. I did check the forum first and didn't see any topics that would indicate that this was a known issue since I know this is "alpha" software (@mkasu).

Is there a list of known issues somewhere so that I don't report something that is already known?

Thanks,
    Hank

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@hbeatty955i: We don't currently have a "known issues section" that is publically available. Everything is changing pretty fast around here, so we don't have any official documentation on 1Password for Chrome yet. I was already working on a "How to debug" post, so I'll see if I can add a section of features that we haven't implemented yet.

Thanks for going on this adventure with us ... it's pretty fun right now. :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.