onepassword helper quits unexpectedly [conversation moved to email for additional troubleshooting]

Duane WilliamsDuane Williams Junior Member
edited September 13 in Mac Beta

Every time I get a new beta I get an alert window informing me that onepassword4 helper has quit unexpectedly. Do I have something configured incorrectly?

1Password Version: Version 6.8.BETA-12 (680012)
Extension Version: 1Password 4.6.6
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6 Beta
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• rudyrudy

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @Duane Williams

I don't see any crashes in the system under the email address you registered on the forums with, but I suspect you're hitting an assertion in the beta build that happens when it encounters one of our data migrators that is transitioning items that would've previously displayed in the app as "resume editing" into formally saved items. We're hoping to release 6.8 very soon and those assertions will turn into just messages logged instead of crashing.

Rudy

• Duane WilliamsDuane Williams Junior Member
    edited July 20

It was during the upgrade to version 6.8 that this latest alert window popped up. Typically, I just cancel it rather than have it send a message, which is why I decided to post here.

Now that I am running 6.8, I tried logging out of my Mac account, quitting all apps in the process. When I logged back in, the same alert message popped up. I don't think that should have happened. When the Mac is logging a user out, doesn't it send all the apps a quit request? That shouldn't be treated as an anomaly, nor warrant an alert window when the user logs back in.

edited July 20

I clicked the Send button on the latest pop-up, but I don't know if that will send agilebits anything. Also, I'm not sure this counts as a "crash." The alert just says the helper "quit unexpectedly." At the moment, I'm not running a beta.

• ag_kevinag_kevin Junior Member

AgileBits Team Member
    edited July 21

OK, thanks, Duane.

That last one is likely from before you updated. If it keeps happening, let us know. Yes, we do receive the crash reports when sent. We'll look for them and see what's up.

Thanks,
    Kevin

I just got a new beta update (6.8.1.BETA-3) and, as usual, I got the alert saying the helper unexpectedly quit. I clicked send in the alert window to report it. This happens with every beta update and has been for a long time now. Perhaps the update is forcing the helper to quit in a way that the helper can't distinguish from a crash.

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @Duane Williams ,

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/80177/onepassword-helper-quits-unexpectedly
    • Your forum username: Duane Williams

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Then we'll see if the logs show anything peculiar.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Although the automated reply doesn't say that this is the Support ID number, this is the only plausible candidate for such: #CIP-38217-799.

• sjksjk oversoul

AgileBits Team Member

Hi @Duane Williams,

Indeed, that's the correct support ticket ID. I see how that isn't clear in the automated reply and have mentioned that to our team for improvement.

We'll have a look at your diagnostics and let you know if they reveal any clues to the crashes during updates. Thanks for sending that and posting the non-obvious ID here. :)

ref: CIP-38217-799

edited August 23

Kevin Hayes asked me to generate another diagnostic report immediately after the problem occurred again. I have done so. The Support ID number is #CVP-61191-267.

ref: CVP-61191-267

AgileBits Team Member

Hi Duane,

Thanks for the heads up. I will be investigating that today, and will let you know what I find.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.