Can't access other accounts through windows app (bugged?)

Options

I have a family plan with 1password, and I'm visiting a family member, who has 1password setup on their windows PC, with the windows app installed. Now I wanted to access my own account through the windows app, but I either don't know how to or its bugged.

With the original user logged into 1password, under settings there's accounts > sign into another account.
I put in all my info, and it logs right back into the original account, not mine. On the side panel I see a new row added but there's no vaults and I cant access anything, on the settings > accounts menu I see the same, an empty row, which when expanded shows my username and has my sercret key, etc and I can log out of it, but I cant access my vaults. (see: http://imgur.com/a/w1PGu)

Really I just want a way to be able to access my account, and preferable without requiring access to my family members account.

1Password Version: 6.6.439
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 1607
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FallDown: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! This isn't a bug, nor is it specific to Windows. The 1Password app is not meant to sign in to multiple users under the same 1Password Families (and Teams) accounts. For multiple users on the same computer, you can setup 1Password under a different user account in Windows (or macOS) itself, as this is an OS feature. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• FallDown
    FallDown
    Community Member
    Options

Alright, that makes sense, but surely the 'sign into another account' which then displays empty rows is not intended behaviour?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, correct. Sorry I misunderstood that part of your original post. We should have a fix for this in the next version, so that it gives you a helpful error instead. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

ref: OPW6-1284

This discussion has been closed.