Problems setting up login on iphone (fine on browser)

alameda_password
alameda_password
Community Member

I'm a new user. I set up everything just fine on my web browser, but in trying to log in on my iphone, I keep getting error messages to "recheck your email and secret key" even though I am scanning this info from my "emergency kit." I tried a bunch of different suggestions I found in the archives, including rebooting, turning off wifi, and can't get it to work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login

Comments

• Hi @alameda_password

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. Are you able to sign in with Safari on the iPhone using the 1Password.com web interface?

Please let me know.

Ben

• alameda_password
    alameda_password
    Community Member

Good morning, Ben. I was able to successfully log in with Safari just now. However, I tried with the app again and still have the same error. Thanks for the quick response.

• @alameda_password

Thank you for the update. It sounds as though your Emergency Kit may be stale. This can happen if you change your Master Password, Secret Key, or product level (e.x. change from 1Password for individuals to 1Password Families). Could you please try generating a new Emergency Kit and see if you have better luck with the QR code on the new kit?

1Password Emergency Kit - 1Password Support

Thanks!

Ben

• alameda_password
    alameda_password
    Community Member

Ben, I just tried a new emergency kit and I got the same error. I am not sure I would understand why the emergency kit would be "stale" since I set up a brand new family account and have not made any changes - I have never set up this product before and so the product level, secret key and master password are all new. BTW, I was at work, and when I used wifi, I got an SSL error. When I turned off wifi I got the same "check your email and secret key" error. Please advise.

• @alameda_password

Just to confirm: when trying to sign into the iOS app the sign-in address is a .1password.com address, correct?

Thanks.

Ben

• alameda_password
    alameda_password
    Community Member

The sign-in address on my emergency kit is https://my.1password.com

• Interesting. Well, that is the problem. That is not the correct sign-in address. I'm going to send you an email with the correct one, and so that we can hopefully investigate further. Let's continue the conversation there, please.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: BNR-93583-282

This discussion has been closed.