can't install 1password 6 on Win 10

phadley
phadley
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

It was running fine on Windows 7, but on Windows 10, it insists upon my setting up a 1 password account. How to use my dropbox vault?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• phadley
    phadley
    Community Member
    edited July 2017

I may have posted this under the wrong topic, but I can't view the version information - the screen that I'm on doesn't allow to view that information, or do ANYthing but create a 1password account.

• phadley
    phadley
    Community Member

The file I downloaded is 1PasswordSetup-6.6.439, so that probably indicates the version number.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phadley: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That version does not support Dropbox or local vaults in general (except for importing). If you want to use those, please uninstall that app. I've resent your license information via email, and you can install the appropriate version and register it there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• phadley
    phadley
    Community Member

Thanks @brenty - that helped. Should I be worried that the newer version doesn't support local vaults?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@phadley: Not at all. While our focus is currently on 1Password.com, we've recently released an update for 1Password 4 so it's ready for changes in Chrome and Firefox. And we're always here for you if you need help. :)

• phadley
    phadley
    Community Member

So Bits plans to provide 1password support for local vaults into the foreseeable future?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Yep. While we believe strongly that 1Password.com is the future, 1Password 4 is still a great app and I use it every day with my local vault in Dropbox, and we won't be making changes to make it less useful to folks like us who rely on it. Cheers! :)

• phadley
    phadley
    Community Member

Perfect! Thanks for your replies.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! We're here if you have any other questions. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.