1Password for Mac 6.8 update fails

Options
drsmyth
drsmyth
Community Member

1Password for Mac 6.8 update fails with error "1Password Update Validation failed -OSStatus -6788
What do I do now?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password for Mac 6.8 update fails with error "1Password Update Validation failed -OSStatus -6788

Comments

• jd_levin
    jd_levin
    Community Member
    Options

I have same problem. 6.8 Updater keeps recycling try to download and install with no success.

• rudy
    Options

@drsmyth and @jd_levin,

what version are you updating from? does 1Password 6.app live in your /Applications folder?

Rudy

• drsmyth
    drsmyth
    Community Member
    Options

My installed 1Password is Version 6.7.1 671001 from the AgileBits Store. The file "1Password 6" (last modified July 7,2017) is in the Application folder. For some reason this version did not install in the 1Password folder which has the previous 1Password dated Apr 30, 2017). The m/c is a running ,macOS Sierra Version 10.12.5. This is the first time I've had a problem doing a 1Password update

• rudy
    Options

@drsmyth,

what happens if you download fresh from https://1password.com/downloads ?

Rudy

• jd_levin
    jd_levin
    Community Member
    Options

Rudy - I have 1Password 6.7.1 running on MacOS 10.11.6. The app is installed in the HD>Users>userID>Applications folder rather than the HD>Applications folder. Is this maybe due to the original install being for 1 User rather than All Users?
    Would this make the updater fail? The current issue is that the Updater keeps re-downloading the 6.8 app and failing repetitively.

• drsmyth
    drsmyth
    Community Member
    Options

Fresh download from https://1password.com/downloads installed without problem. Once again it did not install in the 1Password folder within the Apps folder but directly under Applications.
    Following up on jd_levin's comments my original problem was the same as his - download recycling, install failing multiple times and finally the error message I posted.
    Thanks for your prompt help Rudy, Looks like I'm back in business!

• eanpestano
    eanpestano
    Community Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I have two questions.
    1/ Will v6.8 for the mac be in the UK Mac App Store?
    2/Will I be able to update from 1Password
    Version 6.7 (670008)
    Mac App Store?

• rudy
    Options

@eanpestano,

Yes to both questions. It will be shortly.

Rudy

• eanpestano
    eanpestano
    Community Member
    Options

many thanks Rudy..you are truly reassuring.

• rudy
    Options

@eanpestano,

:) :+1:

Rudy

• arnoldjm
    arnoldjm
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem as reported by drsmyth and jd_levin. The solution reported by jd_levin (i.e., fresh download and install) worked for me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know that worked for you, @arnoldjm. :)

If you have any other trouble, don't hesitate to let us know.

This discussion has been closed.