To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to transfer data from Mac or iPhone to Web account

Options
QueFA
QueFA
Community Member

This has to be one of the hardest things to do and probably one of the most critical. Why isn't there a button that says "sync to cloud" or whatever you want to call it. I have searched read numerous posts and can't figure this out.

For a company that really wants to do things right this experience needs a lot of tlc. Just add a link or button to sycn.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    Options

Ok 2 hours later, you can select all on the mac and then "Item > Share".

Please redesign this! Moving your items to the online account is essential and the fact that it is so hidden is very back UX.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @QueFA,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble. We do have a guide (including video) of how to do this available here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Thanks for the feedback! Hopefully we can make this process more seamless in the future.

Ben

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    Options

2 points

• 1 the UI should be self-explanatory. Users only read help docs on last resort.
    • The guide doesn't show you how to manually transfer the the items

Bonus One: the function is of critical importance and is placed in a low priority location.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @QueFA. :)

Ben

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    Options

Can someone please explain how I can transfer the accounts I have in my iPhone vault to the hosted one password account? I can't figure this out and it's very frustrating

• Frank
    Options

Hi @QueFA - If you have existing data located in your Primary vault, you can definitely move the items over to your 1Password.com account. As long as your signed into the account, you should be able to move the items over.

If you open & unlock 1Password on your iPhone, use the vault switcher to select the vault you want to move the data from, tap on "All Items" then pull down under the search bar to reveal the "Select Items" button. Select all the items from the vault, at the top of the screen, tap "Move" then select the vault you wish to move the items to.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be happy to assist.

• QueFA
    QueFA
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Frank. Not to beat a dead horse, but hiding the "Select Items" control is probably not a way to help your customers accomplish a key task. I would bet you dollars to the cent that if you conducted a study a tiny fraction would guess that functionality existed.

• Frank
    Options

Hi @QueFA - I believe you're right and we can do better there. I'll make sure to bring this up with my team. I appreciate the constructive feedback and I'm glad you were able to move the items over. Have a great rest of your day!

This discussion has been closed.