Feature Request: Exclude from iCloud backup

Options
ohreally
ohreally
Community Member
edited July 2017 in iOS

What is the proper way to ensure that my vault data isn't sent to Apple's servers? I ask because I got a new phone and after the iCloud restore, all of my 1Password was still in the app, I didn't have to re-sync (I use WLAN sync method)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10.3.2
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2017
    Options

Hi @ohreally,

I don't believe Apple offers an option to exclude certain data from an iCloud device backup, but that would be a question that Apple could better answer for you. :)

Ben

• ohreally
    ohreally
    Community Member
    Options

you can turn off & delete app data from syncing to iCloud. It would be a cool feature for 1Password to disable in-app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

It may seem unrelated, but that's why we include a backup/restore feature in 1Password itself, because 1Password can't control if it is backed up (as Ben mentioned) or how it is restored, and iTunes/iCloud doesn't always work as expected in this regard anyway. All of this is handled at the OS level.

But keep in mind that your 1Password vault is encrypted using your Master Password, everything in 1Password's app sandbox is also encrypted using it's own keys, and everything in your iCloud account is also secured using your Apple ID credentials (and two-factor authentication if you set that up.

This discussion has been closed.