Is there a way to set Vaults Read Only?

Options

There are some Vaults and their content that are read only like Rewards and Statements. I would like to set up a read only vault. New items come in monthly or quarterly but I never reply to those.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: 1Password isn't exactly designed with this in mind. I guess you could use 1Password Teams or Families to set the vault as read-only, but then of course you'd have to give yourself write access again any time you want to add something. It sounds like you sort of want to have it both ways. You can, of course, set a local vault as read-only in the filesystem, but 1Password will complain about this as it expects to be able to write to its own data. While it isn't possible yet in all of the apps, I find it helpful to hide vaults like this from All Vaults (I have an Archive vault, for example) so they're out of sight and out of mind unless I explicitly select them. That's something we'll be bringing to the new Windows app as well.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

I do have many vaults. I suppose I went overboard with the vault creation in Teams. I have to deal with my own vaults as well as my parent's vaults.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017
    Options

Ha! I did that too. It's always fun to play with something new. Spring is behind us, but there's always opportunity to consolidate things. ;)

This discussion has been closed.