To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Sorting out multiple 1Password.com accounts

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: deleting accounts.

Comments

• London123
    London123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there -- Through a series of events I have ended up with multiple 1Password accounts tied to 2 different email addresses [I started with an account through work, then when I left I created a family account, switched between multiple computers, and then somehow an individual account was mixed in]. With all the switching there has also been an issue syncing the account with dropbox, so I have different passwords on my computer’s 1Password account than what I see on my iPhone for the same account. These accounts were all part of the free trial as I was trying to figure out my transition and what would work best for myself and my family -- in other words it’s a bit of a mess.

I would like to actually purchase a subscription to 1Password and start completely fresh with a new, individual account, but the email address I’d like to use is still tied to an account I no longer have the login/secret key details for [it was lost along the way when switching from my work computer, to an old personal computer that died, to a new computer]. I tried to delete the family account so that I could use the email address and followed the instructions on your page "How to erase your 1Password data and start over" but I'm still running into issues. Additionally it now looks like I signed up to be charged $3.99/month on this account that I won't even be able to access.

1. Would it be possible to delete the 2 accounts tied to the 2 different email addresses so that I can create a brand new 1Password account with 1 of those email addresses?
    2. Can the paid subscription to the account that will be deleted be canceled?
    3. Is the cost of the monthly subscription $2.99 or $3.99? From the pricing sheet it looks like I should only be charged $2.99.

Thank you for your help with this confusing mess and I hope to hear from you soon!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@London123: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! I wanted to address a couple here since I'm sure others may have a similar question, and it's not specific to your account:

If you pay annually, you save. You can pay each month to get the higher monthly price (more convenient), or pay annually to get the lower monthly price (more affordable).

Deleting the 1Password app will not delete the account. That's important since generally we don't want people deleting their data and losing everything, part of why 1Password.com exists in the first place.

And as far as your situation in particular, I'll contact you via email shortly so we can sort out the billing and account issues.

This discussion has been closed.