How often does information sync between devices when using a 1Password account?

Options
archL337
archL337
Community Member
edited July 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The reason I ask is because is it seems too slow to matter and I see no way to affect it from the 1Password 6 app on windows 10 or from the iOS app. I have about 10 logins created last night that simply not appearing on the desktop version, and I do have and pay for an account. The website says that syncing with an account is as magical as staying logged in, but there needs to be a way to force a sync on each end of this because right now my laptop is without new passwords that I need to have unless I manually type them all in.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• @archL337: When I add a test item on 1Password for Android with 1Password 6 for Windows unlocked, the sync is almost instantaneous, so I expect something isn't working quite right. Could you first lock and then unlock 1Password 6 for Windows and let me know if these missing items sync up? Thanks! :chuffed:

• archL337
    archL337
    Community Member
    Options

After locking it and unlocking it the items synced up. Is that a way to refresh it? Pardon my ignorance of this, but I've mainly used 1Password on iOS and only in the last few months after getting a laptop have I started using it for Windows. I was surprised to not see a sync now button in the windows app or even a refresh button. But that seemed to work so I will keep doing that. Thanks for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Kate you are very welcome, @archL337! :+1: Lock and unlock should trigger sync in 1Password 6. Please give it a try over the next week or so and let us know if it works for you.

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.