To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Using 1Password on Windows 10 and Android with a 1PW4 Windows License and app "Premium Features"?

KevinGong
KevinGong
Community Member

I purchased a 1PW4 license for Windows in June of 2015, and have been using a "local vault" to sync with the application on Android (purchased the 'Premium Features' through the Google Play store in September of 2015) over Dropbox. I upgraded to 1PW6 recently after buying a new laptop and installing what I thought was the latest software, which asked me for account information for 1PW.com. I dutifully created one, thinking this was just a more convenient way to manage licenses without reading the fine print too closely as to the new subscription services, also syncing it with the new Android app...

Today came the email notification that my account is now frozen, unless I choose to subscribe, and my Windows 10 and Android apps both show the same.

After reading a few other forum posts, it appears that I could return to using 1PW4 for Windows 10 without issue as it can use local vaults. What are my options for Android, beyond switching to a subscription?

1Password Version: Windows 6.6.439d and 4.6.2.624, and Android 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.7.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v1607 and Android 7.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @KevinGong - Great question and sorry for any confusion. If you don't want to continue with your 1Password membership, you can continue syncing via Dropbox on Android. Do you still have access to your Primary vault? If so, any new items that you created within your Personal vault (connected to the 1Password.com account) can be moved over with in the app. Keep us posted if this helped or if you have any additional questions.

• KevinGong
    KevinGong
    Community Member

Hi Frank, sorry, this is still not clear to me... I went ahead and unassociated my membership account from the Android app, but I'm unable to see my old vault in 1PW6. If I created any new items in the past month, should I attempt to move them over in the Android app? And then uninstall 1PW6 until I choose to subscribe? Thanks!

• Hi @KevinGong - Sorry for the confusion there. The best way to get this squared away will be to move new any items that were created using 1Password on your Android device since you have access to both your Primary and Personal vault. You can sign back into the account if you removed the account already on your Android device. After moving the items over to your Primary vault, you can then sign out of the account. You can then uninstall and go back to using 1Password 4 on your PC, your data should be there if you were syncing via Dropbox. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. We'll be here to help.

• KevinGong
    KevinGong
    Community Member

Thanks Frank, I did just that, everything's working the way I'd like for now.

• Great news! Thank you for letting us know @KevinGong :+1: Please feel free to reach out to us anytime, we're here for you if you need us. Have a fantastic weekend and I hope to chat with you again soon :smile:

This discussion has been closed.