Two-factor auth suggestions

ondrejfuhrer
ondrejfuhrer
Community Member

Hey guys,

I have one idea that I think would be a great benefit to 1Password app. As the number of login information in the vault increase, it is a really hard to keep track of all the changes that the owners do on their websites. Especially now, two-factor authentication is a thing and a lot of companies do implement it.

I was thinking, how to tell users that the two-factor auth is newly available for the website. It would be great if 1Password would tell me, that there is a page in my logins, that supports two factor (excluding the pages I already have two-factor auth setup or maybe even disable the record, if I have different app / sms to handle it) and I should set it up!

I also came across a page (https://twofactorauth.org/) that is doing that, still seems pretty small list, but could be helpful as well.

What do you think?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

Hi @ondrejfuhrer

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I think that what you are suggesting is a tool similar to Watchtower but for 2FA, is this correct? It sounds like an interesting idea, and I'd be interested in seeing what others who use 1Password think about it. Monitoring this would be a pretty big challenge though!

Thank you for sharing with what you'd like to see in 1Password, we love hearing all the ideas :chuffed:

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member

Hey @Pilar

Yes, you're right, like Watchtower for 2FA. I understand that it would be a challenge to monitor, but challenges are what drives us forward!

• Indeed! Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• Stefan Schweizer
    Stefan Schweizer
    Community Member

Hi,
    I am a longtime happy 1Password (standalone first and now families and teams (for my business)) user and advocate. I got all in all some 2000+ passwords in there for all my sites and systems.
    I recently heard about this site (https://twofactorauth.org) and thought how cool it would be if 1Password would actually show which of the passwords one has could have 2 Factor (or MFA) enabled (if it is not already). Similar like the Watchtower feature. I am for myself are quite conscious but sometimes if a service adds it later one it might get missed.
    Cheers,
    Stefan

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:2 Factor

• Thanks for the suggestion, @Stefan Schweizer. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.