To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out on phone and 1P.com but not on OS

Options
jdonaldson17
jdonaldson17
Community Member

I'm trying not to panic but it isn't working, so here I am. A few days ago I was having issues with my iPhone and needed to upgrade my iOS. Once I did that, my 1P app would no longer allow me to use Touch ID. I also noticed it would not recognize my Master Password on the first try and I would have to input it no more or less than 3 times before allowing me to use the app. I thought deleting and reinstalling the app would help, so I did that, but now it will not let me sign in there at all. I then signed in through the app on my OS (which now runs Sierra) and had no problem (thank God). A while ago I'd tried out 1P for Teams so I could share a vault with my husband and decided not to continue, thus freezing my account; I thought this may have something to do with the wonky app sign-in, so I tried logging in to the website to try to downgrade my account. I put in my information, copying and pasting directly from the 1P OS app.....and it tells me my information is (somehow) not correct. I'm trying not to freak out about not being able to access my banking information (which I need to access like, 10 minutes ago!), but I can't help but to do just that. Please help. Thank you! -Jillian

ETA: I was able to sign in to 1P for iOS using my Dropbox account and can now do everything I couldn't do with a 1P login (so I'm a little less freaked out), but that doesn't rectify the problem of not being able to log in to 1P itself.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @jdonaldson17!

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

If you have a Dropbox vault connected to the app(s) then the apps will unlock using the Master Password associated with that vault, rather than your 1Password.com account password (which may be different).

The first thing I'd recommend doing, now that you have access to your data, is to back it up using 1Password for iOS' backup feature:

1Password backups

Once you've done that I'd recommend trying to sign into your 1Password account online, taking into consideration that the Master Password for that may be different than the Master Password for the vault in Dropbox:

1Password

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.