To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to use 1Password in my office?

yamilruiz
yamilruiz
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Memberships

Hi!

How can I access my email account from my office if I can not install 1Password on the company computer, and I can not install the extension in Chrome browser?

The computer has an administrator password and I have to use my own e-mail very much.

Thanks
Yamil

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rgoggin
    rgoggin
    Community Member

Hi @yamilruiz. You should be able to access your passwords through the web interface too if you are using the subscription based 1password.

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

Hi @rgoggin. But what mean... web interface? For example, my personal email is Hotmail. May I open hotmail.com and write my email address and my password as usually?

• rgoggin
    rgoggin
    Community Member

Do you have a 1password subscription or a standalone license?

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

I have not bought any yet. I am thinking of using iPassword for the first time. I do not know which option is best. I have iMac, MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. In the office, I use a PC with Windows but I can not install anything there because it has the administrator password. The PC is not mine, and I can not install anything. On many occasions, I have to open my personal mail to check the email.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

Hey @yamilruiz,

Welcome to the Support Forum!

@yamilruiz is absolutely correct. If you don't have permission to install 1Password on your work computer you can access your account from https://start.1password.com/signin. You'll need your sign-in address, Secret Key, and Master Password the first time you sign-in from a new web browser. We have a support guide on how to locate your Secret Key, and you can request your sign-in address from the sign-in page if you don't know it.

I hope that helps, please let us know if run into any issues along the way.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

Hi @beyer
    Can I open my email account in the office without using iPassword? I mean ... just put my email and my password as I'm doing so far.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@yamilruiz: 1Password can't fill your username and password for any website without having both the native application and browser extension installed. However, you can sign into a 1Password account (preferably in another tab) using the information I've provided above and then copy and paste any password you need.

You could also speak with your company's IT department to see if they can assist you in installing 1Password.

Let me know if you have any additional questions. :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

@beyer Sorry I do not want to disturb you so much, but I have more questions. I am new with this app. In my company they will not be able to install the application, nor will they put the extension in the browser. Can I access my email with a temporary password that I receive from the iPassword installed on my iPhone?

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@yamilruiz: You're not disturbing us at all, we are always here to help!

Are you asking about a one-time password that you need for two-factor authentication or two-step verification?

You can read these (and any password) from your phone and type them into your work computer, in fact, I've previously worked places where I did this quite often.

On iOS, you can tap and hold any password field and select Large Type for better readability. Similarly, on Android, you just tap any password field to select Large Type.

Let me know if that answers your question. :)

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

thanks @beyer I am installing iPasswoord right now!!! everything is new for me. Thanks!!! I will try

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

@yamilruiz: Awesome, good call. :+1: :)

1Password on your mobile device is a must have in my opinion! You might find our setup guide helpful if this is your first time.

Please let us know if you have any issues along the way. Thanks for using 1Password!

--
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• yamilruiz
    yamilruiz
    Community Member

@beyer ok, thanks You are the best!!!

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

:) <3

--