To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost Master Password, how to sign into account to modify billing?

Options
bbishop1415
bbishop1415
Community Member
edited July 2017 in Memberships

Recently signed up for 1Password and by accident I never wrote down the auto-generated master password and it's not in the emergency kit pdf. I'm not sure how or where to go to change my billing options, and right now I seem to be permanently locked out from making these changes. The only information I do have is the secret key in the emergency kit.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

ref: AKE-36116-173

Comments

• Hey @bbishop1415! I'm sorry to hear about the lost master password. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the Master Password. If there were, that would be a security hole that could be exploited to gain access to your secure information.

Since you subscribed through Apple rather than through our website, you'll need to cancel your subscription through Apple. To cancel a 1Password.com subscription made through the App Store, either go to https://buy.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZFinance.woa/wa/manageSubscriptions or go to “iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > 1Password” in the Settings app on an iOS device and cancel the subscription.

Peeking in our records, I don't see that you've saved any data in your 1Password account just yet, so if you'd like to delete your existing account and start over from scratch, I'd be happy to help you out with that as well, just let me know. :chuffed:

• bbishop1415
    bbishop1415
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response @bundtkate, I do not believe I had an Apple ID in place before subscribing to 1Password so I do not see any of that information in the App Store or iTunes.

As you mentioned, I have not used the software at all as I was just looking at the trial. I just want to modify my billing options so I guess I need you to walk me through exactly how I can do that and get access back to my account.

• Frank
    Options

Hi bbishop1415 - Sorry for the troubles with the Master Password. I noticed you emailed us as well. I just replied back to you so let's continue the conversation via email so I can better assist you. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Enjoy the day!

ref: AKE-36116-173

This discussion has been closed.