Data Sovereignty

duanej
duanej
Community Member

Having read a number of threads here where users have issues with data sovereignty, and noting the eagerness of 1Password staff to "nudge" users over to the 1password.com side, I've been thinking about this issue lately.

It has got me wondering: if Agile Bits has investigated options for allowing 1Password users to choose the AWS data region in which their 1Password data is stored? If this was possible, it could go a very long way to enticing a number of users, that currently refuse to give up using local vaults for the data sovereignty issue, over to the subscription model. I know that my company would more seriously consider signing up if this issue was solved.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @duanej - That's definitely an interesting thought and I appreciate the feedback. I'll make sure to mention this to my team and maybe this is something that can happen at some point in the future as we expand. I do appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your request and for sharing your perspective with me today. Have a great day and I hope to chat with you again.

This discussion has been closed.