error message... unable to communicate with the server. please check your network connection ...

jwdr
jwdr
Community Member

trying to set up 1password on android phone. Get error message...unable to communicate with the server. please check your network connection and make sure the sign-in address is correct. I used the scan account feature to scan the setup code off my emergency kit, so I expect the sign-in address is correct. The phone connected to my wifi network. I also uninstalled/reinstalled 1password, so it should be current version. Please help. thanks, Jim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:unable to communicate with the server

Comments

• Hey @jwdr. Thanks for reaching out! :)

I wonder if the Setup Code has the wrong sign-in address in it. This can happen if you have a Families or Teams account, but sign in at https://my.1Password.com (for Individuals). In that case, the Setup Code will use the Individuals domain rather than the Families or Teams domain. This is an issue we're working on addressing.

In the meantime, can you confirm the sign-in address you're entering is the correct one for the account? If it's a Families or Teams account, it will have a custom subdomain that you chose when you first signed up.

Let me know if that helps!

• jwdr
    jwdr
    Community Member

yes, that was the issue. I entered the sign in for the family account and it worked. thank you.

• I'm glad to hear that! Please let us know if you need anything else in the future. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.