How Can I Install 1Password on Linux (Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.2)

Arszilla
Arszilla
Community Member

Hi

As the title says I am running GNOME.

I have been using 1P v4 cause v6 refuses to have local storages/Dropbox vaults which is disappointing if I am honest. Been using 1P for years now.

I want to install 1P v4 on my Linux Distro but I don't know how. I refuse to install v6 till Dropbox vaults are supported.

I recall AgileBits having an article on how to install 1P on Linux but its been removed as far as I can see.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu GNOME 16.04.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Arszilla

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

We are working on a solution to access 1Password memberships from Linux (you can read more about that here). I'm not aware of plans for support of local vaults on Linux at this time.

Sorry I don't have the answer you were hoping for.

Ben

• Arszilla
    Arszilla
    Community Member

@Ben

I cannot afford to pay for that "online vault" "bs" if I am honest. I have thought it was dumb and its probably the dumbest thing AB has done so far; and ditching local/ropbox vaults for such a dumb system is way more dumber

There was a way to get 1P v4 working with WINE but I cant seem to find it...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2017

@Arszilla: And indeed, we cannot afford to work for free. And given that the traditional 1Password extension needs a database to talk to, the new one we're developing to be compatible with ChromeOS and Linux does require an account, which solves both problems. But if you've purchased 1Password for Windows version 4, that can work under Wine just fine:

Running 1Password 4 for Windows on Linux systems

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.